The South Commons Softball Complex and Stadium truly brings the value of sports entertainment and recreation home for the people. The softball facilities at the South Commons are unparalleled in the softball universe. The seven fields and stadium field host hundreds of local league competitions. In its short history, the complex has also hosted dozens of local, state, regional, national and even international softball competitions. As home to the Superball Classic, the complex was well prepared to host the 1996 Olympic Women's Fast-pitch Softball practice sessions prior to the medal games at Columbus Golden Park. Superball itself has gained recognition as the premier amateur women's softball event hosting international teams such as Japan, China, Australia, Brazil and of course the USA and many others.
SOUTH COMMONS PARKS POLICY
- Alcohol is prohibited
- Glass containers are prohibited in all areas
- No individual coolers are allowed in complex
- No pepper games between dugouts
- No ball-toss or hitting drills of any kind are allowed against the fences or backstops. Players in violation of this rule shall be removed from the complex immediately.
- Animals are prohibited in all areas (except special service dogs).
- Teams are prohibited from warming up inside the confines (between fields) of the South Commons Complex. Teams must go outside of outfield fences to warm up.
- On nights when the Civic Center is acting as Host to a special event that has parking charges, players and spectators are urged to utilize Lumpkin Boulevard and to access the first parking entrance on the right. Failure to do so shall result in drivers paying parking fees. It is the responsibility of players and coaches to educate the general softball public about this matter.
- Skates/skateborads and bicycles are prohibited.
Smoking is Prohibited at all City Parks and Recreational Facilities
- On Playing Fields
- In Dugouts
- Within 25 feet of bleachers or permanently affixed spectator seats
- Ordinance no. 02-14
No Pets Allowed in South Commons